Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Salvation Army issues call for hurricane volunteers

Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

There's more to preparing for a hurricane than making sure you have enough batteries and plywood. The Salvation Army of Broward County is looking for people willing to give their time and energy when things get rough, whether here or in other parts of the state.

With hurricane season officially getting under way Wednesday, the Salvation Army is preparing a meeting next week to seek volunteers who will be among the first contacted to help with storm relief.

Last year, volunteers helped at hurricane shelters in Key West, went to Port Charlotte in the aftermath of Hurricane Charley, and provided needed aid during the two hurricanes that hit north of Broward County. In all, they served more than 25,000 meals to those affected by the storms.

The June 6 meeting will be at 6 p.m. at the Salvation Army's Center for Worship and Service, 100 SW Ninth Ave. in Fort Lauderdale. For information on volunteering, call 954-712-2435.

2 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger born2-luv said...

Nice blog. I seen the site and I adored the work,
that I want to visit it more each day! I like
searching for blogs that have the same content like
this one!
Come as you are and look at my military cash advance
blog.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Delightful blog. I devote my spare time just
looking for great blogs such as yours. I treasure this
site and will go back!
Go by and hit my current hawaii mortgage rate refinance blog, you'll be glad you did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home